Smart fleet management system, is an integrated and comprehensive IoT based solution designed to develop services related to transportation.
Smart fleet management system, is an integrated and comprehensive IoT based solution designed to develop services related to transportation. The fleet management system helps organizations better manage their vehicles and the missions assigned to their personnel.
This system is developed based on GPS and GSM technologies. Each vehicle is equipped with a tracking hardware. By using this device, beside receiving vehicle’s online location data sent by the GPS satellites, other extracted data, such as fuel consumption amount, distance driven, vehicle’s load weight, container’s temperature, engine’s RPM and temperature, engine’s running hours, instantaneous speed via sensors or directly through vehicle’s central computer are collected and sent through the GSM network to the central software for management and supervision of organization’s fleet performance.
Using the mission management module, organizations are able to assign mission to organizational vehicles. Each driver upon receiving mission request on its device in vehicle, is able to either reject or accept the mission and in case of accepting will be automatically routed through the optimized path with receiving an estimation on time and distance remained to get to the mission point. By reaching to the mission point, the driver would send the reports of mission and the completion of mission to the central software, stating that he is ready and free for the next mission.
The fleet management system has the capability of automatic vehicle maintenance. As checking and documentation of vehicle’s functionality status in person is time consuming and costly, the fleet management system will gather and analyze all parameters of vehicle and assign the required maintenance and state related cost for maintenance, automatically. This solution will lead to reducing the maintenance costs of vehicles and optimized utilization of them.
Analysis and optimization of drivers’ behavior is another feature of the fleet management system. Intense acceleration, sudden brakes, intense rotation, unauthorized speed, high engine RPM and other parameters will be visible by the authorized users to not only rank the drivers based on safe drive but also help drivers correct their dangerous driving behavior. This feature will also help reducing the fuel consumption, the cost of vehicle maintenance, the car accident rates, air and noise pollution and enhancing the driver’s driving skills.
Features and benefits
- Modular design and the ability to add new sections in terms of modules to software
- Web based implementation, single page, and Full Ajax central software in form of Web Desktop
- Ability to define various sections for organization and define access level to each section
- Ability to define users, grouping the users, defining and managing roles for each group
- Ability to define each group’s level of access to the data and also software’s accessibility to the vehicle groups.
- Ability to define various categories for vehicle, drivers, routes, stops and zones
- Ability to define various services such as the starting point, destination, layovers, and the timing of vehicles’ departures
Basic Fleet Management, including:
- Tracking module
- Operation module
- Speed monitoring and control module
- Event management module
- Operation zone module
- ECU connection
Pro Fleet Management, including:
- Basic fleet management
- Fuel consumption module
- Driver scheduling
- Mission management module
- Maintenance Module
- Civil and construction module
- Weight measurement module
- Temperature measurement module
- Volume measurement module
- Report generator (data analytics) module
Benefits of fleet and mission management system:
- Accurate control and monitoring of drivers’ behavior
- Access to various dashboards and overview on the performance of all vehicles
- Access to various reports (engine’s running hours, various events, entering and exiting the defined areas, stops, distance, fuel consumption, etc.)
- Decrease the organizations operational costs
- Decrease the fuel consumptions and maintenance costs
- Decrease the time spent by drivers in performing a mission
- Online fleet monitoring and instant reports on performing assigned mission